Been holding off on doing Product Reviews but felt since this product is still Fairly new (released early last year) I would do a review based on my experience with it thus far :-).
AS I AM (Naturally) Product Line is new to the Market of Hair Products and target audience is those with Coils, Kinks and Curly hair.
I purchased their Twist Defining Cream at Sally's Beauty Supply. There is a 8oz and a 16oz jar size, though Sally's only sales the 16oz I believe. I bought the 16oz for $22.00 ($2 off if you're a Member). Which if you're like me who actually make my own Hair Products that seemed pricey for me.
From opening you notice the color is a Slight Pink, and that it has a Citrus-Fruity smell:
Looking through the Ingredients there is BEET in it, so I believe that brings the pink tint to the product. It is Water-based. Not oily. The brief directions on the jar gives information on what kind of curl you are trying to Achieve, whether, tightly defined or loosely defined and whether to use on Wet hair or towel dry. It clearly says Twists Defining so it's used for Two-Strand Twists/Twist-Outs.
Feeling: If your hair doesn't take long to dry then don't expect any speedy drying with this product. My hair takes quite a while to dry itself. Once dry I noticed my hair kind of had a Spritz feeling to it. Untwisting my Two-Strands I can say that the product does indeed Define the curls. Even my Ends held onto their twists when they usually lose it after I unravel, due to Picking.
So Far my Pros with the Cream has been:
- Pleasant Smell
- Curl Pattern Defined
- Not Messy
- No need to Reapply for 2 and 3 day Re-Twisting.
I noticed that after I took out the twists and fluffed my hair that my shoulders what at first glance would seem like Dandruff, but I know that I don't have Dandruff (I proudly eliminated that problem myself), were light clear pink crystallized specs.
So for me the Cons with this Product is:
- Dandruff-like Residue
- Need to still Oil hair (for me).
All in all I love the results of it but I do not like the Aftermath. I will use this Product up but I won't be repurchasing it again, due to the Residue.





No comments:
Post a Comment