Aug 23, 2014

Natural Hair: Oiling Hair - Oil Mister

As a Natural we are consistently looking for not only Oils, Butters and Products to put on our hair but also if there are any ways to ease putting it on our hair we are down for that too.

I'm sure you as the reader, just as myself, have regular spray bottles, Applicator Bottles and Squeeze Bottles with oils and Product you've mixed together for more than one time use.

For someone as myself who has Seborrehic Dermatitis (which I'm considering on working on a Blog more so dedicated around that) I am constantly oiling my scalp. More so to keep the scale and irritation recurrence down than for a Dry scalp in general.
I mix my Oils together and I apply with an Applicator bottle with a Nozzle.

It makes for ease when I have my hair cornrowed for a style or to just oil my scalp in general.

When I'm not using that, I use this one here:


I had seen it at Sally's Beauty Supply. It is for Hair dye application but it is built and functions great for Oiling Hair. I use this tip more when I have my hair free - in an Afro style and am Massaging the oil in.

Both of those work great for the scalp with no problem but if I want Oil on my strands - lets say a Refresher, then it's back to my Applicator bottle mixture and now this is where I get annoyed because there are times I am in a hurry. I do not want to fool around with Oil in my hand to rub on both to this pat around and rub through my hair. Now I have oil on my hands and the things I grab do as well. I had been looking for some type of Oil Aerosol bottle that could be used for such.

Here comes in the Oil Mister.


I came across this when I was Googling Oil Sprayers. Mind you I had seen these before but thought nothing of it.
Then it hit me "Hello. You use Olive Oil and stuff on your hair and THIS is what these things are FOR!" Had a serious Facepalm moment.

I have one that is like the one at the bottom.


I filled it with Equal parts of EVOO - CO - AO and put a little bit of Burdock & Neem Oil for my scalp.

You only fill it Halfway. There is a Fill line on it. You pump it and pump until it starts to feel resistant and it's good for about 10 seconds of Spraying which is good if you are Spraying your head for a light covering. If you need more then just pump again and spray.

I have tried Spray Bottles and they get clogged /don't work with it being pure oil - for my case.

This particular one was Mastrad brand. 

So far with my new use of it I am loving it. I wasn't sure with the mixing of the oils but they are all Light oils so I figured it wouldn't be much of a problem and so far it's not. The only issue I do have is the end of the pump, it touches against the wall of the glass inside so that can affect the pumping/spraying. Something I'm sure I can fix. Otherwise, I love it. I really do.

I can spray my head, I don't have to worry about oil all over my hands and everywhere else. It's nice. I love it.

1 comment:

  1. If you are looking for a good quality Oil Mister then it's easy to buy it online from trusted and certified online dealers with quicker delivery time. Then More Information Click >>> Oil Mister <<< Here

    ReplyDelete