After awhile you start to run out of places where to PUT these products that you keep purchasing. You tell yourself "Hey I really need to slow down." But then again, never fails, something catches your eye that says: 'Can help pop your curls, increase moisture', and you're like "OMG I Need This In My Life!"
Been there, done that. And I am still guilty of it when it comes to Youtube videos and I see things that make me go "Why haven't I seen this yet!"
Well two weeks ago I started the dreaded task. The task of Cleaning out my Cabinet.
The first thing you should do when Organizing is Making sure you Separate all your Staple hair products before going through your "Eh, I barely used this after trying it" products.
Then ask yourself:
Am I going to use this product again in the very near future?
Did I enjoy this Product?
Is this something I could give to a friend to use?
A Good portion of this stuff I was not able to even get in this Cabinet before hand. It was all over my counter in my bathroom. Off my sink.
I tossed out items that I don't care to use and cleaned out jars that just had a Dab of product in it. I have Yellow and Ivory Shea Butter that I plan on making into some Butter Creams once I use up the Shea Butter products I have. I have Coconut Oil that I LOVE to mix with my other oils. Figured can wash and reuse the containers with my own product.
I bought a Vinyl Shoe Organizer that hangs off your Door.
You can get these practically anywhere. Walmart, Target, JCPenney's. I bought mine from Bed Bath & Beyond. It was about $13-15 dollars. Not very expensive. Probably can find cheaper online perhaps.
This Dramatically help freed up the space on my Counter, as well as some space in my Cabinet. I had Spray Bottles that had my Pre-Poo sprays or Moisture Sprays that I couldn't fit in there before.
Not done filling that up :-). Also if a reminder for me to try the products I bought that I NEVER tried.
One-N-Only Argan Hair Mask and never used it, ever. I bought V05 Conditioner for Co-Washing and NEVER USED IT! So Now that they are IN SIGHT they are no longer Out of Mind!
I also bought some Trays:
Came with 3 trays. Was $20.00 at Bed Bath & Beyond.
I put all my clips in this tray. Let me tell you before I had Wicker Baskets and I just put all my stuff in them and the organization was horrendous. I now use one of those Baskets for my Flexi-Rods :-).
Now for my Blow Dryer, Flat Iron - I bought this Rod Hook for $6.00:
To hang them out of the way, as well with my Rod Iron.
Going through my other Organizing bins I cleaned out things I don't need and also found things I didn't know I had - I bought a Straightening Comb (not a Hot Comb but a Comb with straightening handle on it for when you Flat Iron your hair) and didn't remember doing so. I ordered one online and while in the mist of waiting for it to arrive, I found the one I originally purchased - OOPS! Lol.
Just some Ideas on how to un-clutter your Cabinets and Counters. Hope this was helpful :-).






No comments:
Post a Comment